Ever wonder what is the easy way to teach your kids to pray? Here are 6 tips.
- Start when they are young and pray with them. Help them think of things they are thankful for. Let them think of the things to pray for.
- Pray about everything. I mean everything that is important to a child not just everything important to you. Susie might be concerned that her dog has a stomach ache. Pray for the stomach ache even if your not sure it’s a stomach ache.
- Keep them short. No one wants to listen to a prayer hog. Don’t be someone that just needs to hear yourself talk. You can pray for hours on end with God anytime. So go for it on your own time.
- Don’t preach in your prayers. If you have something to talk about with your kids, don’t introduce it in a prayer. “And by the way Lord we know that Josh needs some help with his grades.” Ugh… not a great parent move.
- Ask permission to pray. Don’t just take over and start laying it on everyone. Be respectful of those listening and their need to participate.
- Help them to see praying as a privilege. Hey who wouldn’t want to be able to talk to the God of the Universe any second that you desire. No call waiting, no answering machines, just straight through to the Lord of Lords.
- If you like what you read, check out Hooked on the Book and all the free videos, games and coloring pages that make learning the bible fun and exciting.