Looking for a great summer read with your teenagers. Why not get them the teen version of a book called “The Story.” What a wonderful read. Great for them to understand the big story of the Bible. It is God’s great love affair with humanity in just 31 chapters.
It reads like a novel with drama, conflict, romance and redemption but unlike a regular novel this story is true. Your teens will get a flavor of God’s heart in the Bible as they read this book.
Here’s what Max Lucado and Randy Frazee have to say about this book. ‘This book tells the grandest, most compelling story of all time: the story of a true God who loves his children, who established for them a way of salvation and provided a route to eternity. Each story in these 31 chapters reveals the God of grace—the God who speaks; the God who acts; the God who listens; the God whose love for his people culminated in his sacrifice of Jesus, his only Son, to atone for the sins of humanity.’
As posted on ChristianBook.com the features include:
- The story of the Bible—in its own words. Selections from the NIV Bible with short transitions to connect the reader to the continuing story.
- Events, characters, and teachings of the Bible arranged chronologically
- Timelines of Bible events
- New International Version (NIV) 2011 update Bible text
- If you like what you read, check out our children’s book, Hooked on the Book, on this website. It is great for parents and kids because it provides the Big Story of God’s miraculous plan for His children in all 66 books in the Bible including colorful illustrations, rhymes and a surprise on every page.